Sunday, July 31, 2016

18 days and counting.

I started the Ketogenic Diet 18 days ago, and I don't see a time when I won't be living this lifestyle. The last 18 days have been a time when I am starting to learn and listen to my body and what works best for me. I know that this may not be for everyone. I took a lot of time to research this scientific diet, and the effects have been wonderful for me.
There are times when it is difficult, however there is so much freedom from eating this way.
I am able to enjoy almost all the foods I already love, and I am beginning to learn how to cook in a different way.
I have definitely gotten out of the Keto Flu stage and I have better clarity and energy.
Going out for lunch or dinner has been a challenge, but it is also a way for me to take my struggles with food and deal with them face on.

What some people don't understand, that being overweight, it isn't just about making poor food choices, however it is about how food is used more than exercise to fight depression or anxiety.
It has taken me many years to use better tools to combat depression and anxiety.

When my dad passed away I became SEVERELY depressed. I drank a lot. I ate a lot. I didn't sleep a lot. I didn't know what to do and I had never felt so alone in my life.
While I did have a lot of people who loved me, there wasn't anything that was going to fill that void I felt after losing my dad.

Now, almost 5 years later, I know have the tools to combat depression. Working out and spending time outdoors has really helped.


1 comment:

  1. Best wishes on your LCHF/ Keto path. I just returned from Low Carb USA where there were lots of ketonians running around who had sustained weight loss after years of keto or low carb.

    Wishing you the best. You couldn't pay me to go back to moderating sugar and grains. :) I hit my 4.5 year mark this week.

    ReplyDelete