Thursday, April 19, 2012

My weight loss journey. 4/19/2012

I have decided to write and share tips about my new found desire to workout and be healthy. It is definitely a new desire, as I am now addicted to it!!


I want to share my experiences and daily in's and out's with the hopes of being able to help those who need it and to gain insight to my new found addiction. That sounds so bad using the word addiction, I can't seem to find another word for it. ( if you find a new one, let me know )   :-]


here, to begin my blog I will post the advice I have given a few people in the last few weeks and they have all started losing weight!! Its awesome to see people taking their health into their own hands and finding results.


I am not a doctor or any type of professional, however I am a professional dieter and have been researching the subject for quite a while.


I have been trying to eat every 3 hours. Small meals. The last few weeks I've been on vacation and sleeping in and that has changed. But usually I eat a small breakfast. Usually eggs and a carb. Usually a piece of bread. And a fruit. With lots of water. Right now my favorite thing to drink is lemon or lime water with a Splenda. Sorta like lemonade but no calories. I am not a huge water fan but drinking it with lime or lemon I drink lots more. My goal  for water is 100 ounces. I have a 25 ounce bottle and I drink at least 1 while I work out and 3 through out the day. Mostly when I'm eating. It also helps me to be full faster then with just eating. 
Breakfast(8am) eggs or cereal. With bread an fruit. 
Snack(10am) protein and a fruit. No carbs. (this is usually after I work out) 
Lunch (1pm) salad with fruit. And usually cheese and other add ins like tomatoes and cucumbers. I will also have either a half a sandwich or soup. 
Snack(3pm) is a protein and a fruit or veggie. Try to stay away from the carbs. 
Dinner(5:30pm) something with lots of protein and a big salad. 

I try not to eat later then 6pm because I have found that eating earlier my food has longer to digest and I will lose weight over night. I work out 3-5 days a week. 30-60 mins of cardio depending on how much time I have to work out. 
I do weight machines on my arms and legs on alternating days. 

The key is taking it one day at a time. Also drink lots of water. As you burn fat it turns to water and that causes water weight gain. 
Drinking water flushes out Your system and promotes more weight loss.  :)

Tell me what you have been doing and what your goals are. 
1-2 pounds a week is normal weight Loss. I always plan on at least one and if there's more then awesome. Sometimes our body's plateau and that's normal as well. 


I'm not a pro and I fail at times. This program does work. I've done everything under the sun and this I the first time I've been successful. 
I also make sure to have a day where I cheat a bit. This helps keep your body guessing an changing your calories weekly does as well. 
I eat between 1200-1800 calories a week. I also try not to eat the calories I've burned. 

Here are some of my tips. I will be adding more every couple of days to document my loses and goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment