Friday, April 20, 2012

WEEK 2 working out is the business.

April 20th, 2012 3:14pm

Today marks the 2 weeks I have faithfully gone to the gym everyday and worked out for at least a half hour. I made a goal at the beginning of the month that I would try to go 10 miles a week. Thats a little under 1.5 miles a day. I have been averaging about 2.5 every day in just under an hour. I feel great each time I leave the gym. I am full of energy and my mind is clear. I am able to think clearly and go about my day relatively stress free.

In 2007 I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis. It is a rare back disorder where the spin curves inward instead of outward at the bottom. This causes lots of other problems. For starters, obesity is top on the list, as well as frequent nerve damage and nerve pain, which can cause my limbs to go numb for a period of time for no reason. I have several spots on my legs and toes where there is permanent damage and numbness all day long. My doctor prescribed a nerve medication and that didn't work so I stopped taking them. I had such bad back pain that even walking around at work was difficult and I hated my life. I asked my doctor what to do and he just kept giving me more pain meds and kept telling me I was fat. After taking every diet pill i could get my hands on legally and the advice of my doctor was to cut calories and not exercise as it would irritate my back and cause harm. Well, its now 6 years later and my back is perfectly fine. I walk/run 2-3 miles a day and lift weights. I have no back pain and no need to see my chiropractor either. When I would walk long distances my back would burn so bad that I wanted to cry.

I have been relatively active most of my life. Im not a marathon runner or anything, however while in high school I was active with choir and drama and it seemed like every year my classes couldn't have been more spread out all over campus. As time went on, I wasn't as active and working in an office you start to get, as my father used to say, the secretary's spread. All I did working in an office was eat and sit. When I started working at camp, I became more active and walked around all over the place. Lost some weight, not a ton. That has been my life, on and off, losing weight and gaining it back. I finally reached a point now where I want to keep losing and never get it back.

Going to the gym everyday keeps me sane.
I get to have time to just think and clear my head. It seems like my days are easier, ( not all the time, but more often then not.) and I am so much happier. it is worth the investment of going everyday to keep my sanity.

As of today, Im 37.9 pounds lighter, my BMI is down 9.6 percent and I have lost over 10 inches on my waist and hips.

Tell me your weight loss stories... I would love to hear them.


No comments:

Post a Comment