Monday, July 23, 2012

perspective!

Had a good, refresher conversation with a friend last night regarding weight loss. It really made me think of all the changes I have made, to just how I approach this whole weight loss journey.

What are the things are most important to me?
My health?
How I look?
What others think about me?
How I see myself over all?

While I like that now I am complimented and I now that others are seeing a change, the fact that I can so tons more now then I could a few months ago is really mind blowing. I never would have been able to hang in a zumba class, or do the intensives for that matter. I would have been so out of breath that even the thought of it would have sent me in to an anxiety attack. I never realized just how embarrassed I was of my weight, and how I didn't, until recently realized the effect it had on me. I am pretty self confident, and am sure of who I am, but this was one area I didn't want to tackle, especially out loud or in public. I have been so lucky to have the people in my life where having a perfect body meant having a friend. I am so grateful that I have real friends, on this journey with me, dealing with the struggles and spurring me on to do my best. I have the best/most supportive friends a girl could ask for. that is really half the battle when conquering weight loss. there needs to be people in your life cheering you on in this race to finish with greatness. That is quite possibly why most people fail. We are meant to be dependent on others and when we don't have someone in our corner, wether it be friends or family, it makes the race that much harder, then it seems as though there are 2 fights to try and win. one usually gives in to the other.
Self image is very important.
How you see yourself, can change everything.

It is all in our perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment