Thursday, May 3, 2012

Things are looking up.

Taking a break from homework to blog a bit.

This week and last I have felt out of sorts. I got a bit discouraged after that gain and I just can't seem to get over it. I have fluctuated weight since I started lose weight. It hasn't seemed to bug me until now. So, why in the last 4 months am I so upset about it? I can't figure out why. I have since lost that stubborn 5 pounds and still, i am a bit upset still. Maybe because this has been my biggest set back from the beginning? As a psychology student I sit here trying to figure it all out. Since friday I have lost 5.8 pounds. I got my eating back on track and working out harder then ever. It has certainly paid off.

Yesterday I was going through my storage unit and I found a bag of clothes that didn't fit any more and I couldn't bare to get rid of them. I put on a few things and the one I wanted to have more then ever was a dodger shirt I bought back around christmas time and now it finally fits. I was so STOKED. I put it on right away and was sad it wasn't warmer so I could strut around in it. Knowing that I can still wear some of my favorite clothes for a bit now that they fit was like shopping all over again. I got to have a great little heart to heart with a good friend of mine and it made my night. Having people that love me and care about me is incredible. Knowing there is someone else that has been through what I'm going through makes life easier and I'm glad to not be the one needed to relate and take care of everyone else.  I am so blessed with the best church family around.



Made the best, low cal lasagna last night. Crushed red peppers can really make a meal.

1 pound ground turkey
prego heart healthy sauce
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
1/4 parmesan cheese
12 whole wheat lasagna noodles (uncooked)

cook up the ground turkey with lemon pepper, crushed red pepper and garlic salt. to taste, i never measure spices. (I try to cook out all of the water so it doesn't water down the sauce.)
after the meat is cooked, I added in the sauce and let it simmer for about 10 mins. let all the flavors cook together.
In a crock-pot I pour in about a 1/4 cup of sauce without the meat. (i usually need to put some water in the jar and shake it, i use that sauce for the bottom of the crock-pot)
Each layer of lasagna has 3 noodles broken to fit the shape of the crock-pot. after the noodles, add a layer of meat sauce. then a thin layer of cheese. continue this 3 more times. at the top of the lasagna, add the rest of the cheese as well as the parmesan cheese. Cook on high for 2 hours or until you can pierce a knife through the lasagna without resistance. Once it's cook, keep on warm and serve when ready. it takes less then 10 mins to prep and can cook while you do other things. It was a huge hit last night. Our crock-pot makes about 14 servings which is about 1 cup of lasagna and its about 229 calories a serving. It is very healthy, and has little sodium and high protein. One thing I didn't do last night that I usually do is put veggies in the meat. i didn't think about it but thats another way to add good stuff to your food, and if you have picky kiddos, they never notice them when they have been through the food processor and cook down.  I hope you try it an enjoy!

I'll try to post other recipes when I think about it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment