Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy Wednesday!!

It's been a few days since I have posted. I have been fighting a few pounds that have been looming over me. I know that I have been doing weight lifting and that adds weight, when you sit around and everyone around is dropping a pound here and there it becomes depressing. I can focus on the positive and move forward. I have been afraid to try on my smaller sized pants because these pounds have been haunting me and yesterday I bit the bullet and put them on. THEY FIT. I couldn't believe it. They are actually a bit loose on me. That makes me so happy, I have a goal outfit that I want to be able to wear to the hello kitty dodger game on july 1st and I can see that I am on the right track.

Working out 5 days a week and eating right is really the ONLY way to lose weight and be successful. I have had several people ask me about what I'm doing and how I am doing it and really it is common sense. I eat right,  I workout and I try to get enough sleep. besides starving myself and taking diet pills that is the only way I can effectively lose weight and keep it off.

I find that even on days when I don't eat so great, I am still no where near eating the way I used to. We all have our days where we fail. However, knowing how much support I have to keep me going is the only reason I have been successful. The key is to be honest with yourself. If you can't admit that you have a problem with eating, food, like any other type of addiction needs to be confronted with honesty and accountability. Having an accountability partner, someone you can call or text and be honest with about exercise and eating. Without this, most people, including myself have and will fail.

As someone that has struggled with their weight for the most of their lives, I completely understand how hard this process is. Losing weight is not something that happens over night. I didn't gain all this weight over night, I can't expect to lose it this way either. Wanting to wake up and be skinny only sets you up for failure.  It is hard to think that one day I won't look this way.
I have come to know my chubby figure and face for quite some time now. It is so strange to me to even see pictures from 40 pounds ago and seeing a huge difference. I don't know if I can or will ever see my self as a skinnier version. I want to think that I will, but it is hard to tell.

I even look at pictures of myself from years ago when I was thinner and I don't ever remember what that felt like. i know this is going to take some time. It will be interesting to see how others start to interact with me when Im thinner. I try to think that my personality won't change, how can anyone be for certain that they will stay the same. Situations change personalities and I would hate to think that I would be that type of person. I have my morals and my own beliefs that will keep me grounded.

I already have pretty high self esteem, it will be interesting to see just how much that increases with the change in my body.

Enough for now.
Have a great wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment